In this week’s group meeting, health coach Amy Eiges talked to members about strategies they use to keep their diet sustainable long-term.
- Low carb veterans Bob Collins and Vic Basmadjian fielded questions from other members about their approach to low-carb cooking.
- Bob has lost over 80 pounds and reversed many health issues; Vic has lost over 100 pounds and also significantly improved his health.
- Amy talked to them about how they use these low carb replacements and create recipes to be able to have the foods they crave without derailing their health goals.
- Everyone agreed that once you eliminate carbs from your system cravings are greatly reduced, but that eventually low carb treats become a new reward system and it is very easy to overdo them.
- Vic said that a strategy he uses is to keep his eating fairly simple during the week (mostly meat and some vegetables) and use the weekend to experiment in the kitchen.
- Bob talked about bringing low carb treats with him to every social gathering so that he can indulge on his own terms.