DoctorTro.com is wholly owned by Northvale Primary Care PC, d/b/a Dr. Tro’s Medical Weight Loss & Direct Primary Care.
Below you will find three sections.
- A) Patient/Client Agreement
- C) Term & Conditions
If you require any more information or have any questions about any of these three key sections, please feel free to contact us by email.
This is an Agreement between NORTHVALE PRIMARY CARE, P.C. a New Jersey professional corporation, located at 84 Route 303, Tappan, NY 10983 (“NPC”), Tro Kalayjian D.O., (“Physician”) in his capacity as an agent of NPC, and the Patient (Weight Loss Program and/or Direct Primary Care) or Client (Health Coaching) (“You”).
The Physician, who specializes in internal medicine and obesity medicine, delivers care on behalf of NPC, at the address set forth above. In exchange for certain fees paid by You, NPC, through its Physician, agrees to provide You with the Services described in this Agreement on the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement.
- Patient/Client. The term “You” as used in this Agreement to identify the Patient or Client. You, are those persons for whom the Physician shall provide Services, and who are signatories to, or listed on the documents attached as Appendix 1, and incorporated by reference, to this agreement
- Services. As used in this Agreement, the term Services shall mean a package of services, both medical and non-Medical, and certain amenities (collectively “Services”), which are offered by NPC, and set forth, in part, in Appendix 1.
- This agreement shall commence on the date signed by the parties below and shall continue for a period of one month, automatically renewed.
- Fees. In exchange for the services described herein, You agree to pay NPC, the amount as set forth in, attached. This fee is payable upon signing and is in payment for the services provided to You during the term of this Agreement. Unless previously terminated as set forth in Section 7, at the expiration each succeeding monthly term, the Agreement will automatically renew for successive monthly terms upon the payment of the monthly fee. If this Agreement is canceled by either party before the completion of the requested services in accordance with the terms and conditions herein, then You shall be responsible for full payment of services until the completion of the 30 days notice to terminate.
- Non-Participation in Insurance. You acknowledge that neither NPC nor the Physician participate in any health insurance or HMO plans or panels and has opted out of Medicare. Neither of the above parties makes any representations whatsoever that any fees paid under this Agreement are covered by your health insurance or other third-party payment plans applicable to You. You shall retain full and complete responsibility for any such determination. This Agreement acknowledges your understanding that the Physician does not accept Medicare, and as a result, Medicare cannot be billed for any services performed for You by the Physician. You agree not to bill Medicare or attempt Medicare reimbursement for any such services.
- Insurance or Other Medical Coverage. You acknowledge and understand that this Agreement is not an insurance plan and not a substitute for health insurance or other health plan coverage (such as membership in an HMO). It will not cover hospital services, or any services not personally provided by NPC, or its Physicians. You acknowledge that NPC has advised that You obtain or keep in full force such health insurance policy(ies) or plans that will cover You for general healthcare costs. You acknowledge that this Agreement is not a contract that provides health insurance, and this Agreement is not intended to replace any existing or future health insurance or health plan coverage that You may carry.
- Term; Termination. This Agreement will commence registration and will extend monthly thereafter. There is a mandatory enrollment period of two months. Both Patient and NPC shall have the absolute and unconditional right to terminate the Agreement, without the showing of any cause for termination, upon giving 30 days prior written notice to the other party. The Agreement shall terminate at the end of the 30 days notice.
- Communications. You acknowledge that communications with the Physician using e-mail, facsimile, video chat, instant messaging, and cell phone are not guaranteed to be secure or confidential methods of communication. As such, You expressly waive the Physician’s obligation to guarantee confidentiality with respect to correspondence using such means of communication. You acknowledge that all such communications may become a part of your medical records.
- Established Patients/Clients. As used in this Agreement, an Established Patient has completed all of their preliminary paperwork, bloodwork, submitted their past medical history, and has completed their first visit with Dr. Tro Kalayjian, either as a patient or client.
By providing Your e-mail address to NPC, You authorize NPC, and its Physicians to communicate with You by e-mail regarding Your“protected health information” (PHI) (as that term is defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996 and it’s implementing regulations) By providing Your e-mail address to NPC, You acknowledge that:
- E-mail is not necessarily a secure medium for sending or receiving PHI and, there is always a possibility that a third party may gain access;
- Although the Physician will make all reasonable efforts to keep e-mail communications confidential and secure, neither NPC nor the Physician can assure or guarantee the absolute confidentiality of e-mail communications;
- In the discretion of the Physician, e-mail communications may be made a part of Your permanent medical record; and,
- You understand and agree that E-mail is not an appropriate means of communication regarding an emergency or other time-sensitive issues or for inquiries regarding sensitive information. In the event of an emergency or a situation in which the member could reasonably expect to develop into an emergency, You shall call 911 or the nearest Emergency room, and follow the directions of emergency personnel.
If You do not receive a response to an e-mail message within one day, You agree to use another means of communication to contact the Physician. Neither NPC, nor the Physician will be liable to You for any loss, cost, injury, or expense caused by, or resulting from, a delay in responding to You as a result of technical failures, including, but not limited to, (i) technical failures attributable to any internet service provider, (ii) power outages, failure of any electronic messaging software, or failure to properly address e-mail messages, (iii) failure of the Practice’s computers or computer network, or faulty telephone or cable data transmission, (iv) any interception of e-mail communications by a third party; or (v) your failure to comply with the guidelines regarding use of e-mail communications set forth in this paragraph.
- Change of Law. If there is a change of any law, regulation or rule, federal, state or local, which affects the Agreement including these Terms & Conditions, which are incorporated by reference in the Agreement, or the activities of either party under the Agreement, or any change in the judicial or administrative interpretation of any such law, regulation or rule, and either party reasonably believes in good faith that the change will have a substantial adverse effect on that party’s rights, obligations or operations associated with the Agreement, then that party may, upon written notice, require the other party to enter into good faith negotiations to renegotiate the terms of the Agreement including these Terms & Conditions. If the parties are unable to reach an agreement concerning the modification of the Agreement within forty-five days after of date of the effective date of the change, then either party may immediately terminate the Agreement by written notice to the other party.
- Severability. If for any reason any provision of this Agreement shall be deemed, by a court of competent jurisdiction, to be legally invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction to which it applies, the validity of the remainder of the Agreement shall not be affected, and that provision shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make that provision consistent with applicable law and in its modified form, and that provision shall then be enforceable.
- Reimbursement for services rendered. If this Agreement is held to be invalid for any reason, and if NPC is therefore required to refund all or any portion of the monthly fees paid by You, You agree to pay NPC an amount equal to the reasonable value of the Services actually rendered to You during the period of time for which the refunded fees were paid.
- No amendment of this Agreement shall be binding on a party unless it is made in writing and signed by all the parties. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Physician may unilaterally amend this Agreement to the extent required by federal, state, or local law or regulation (“Applicable Law”) by sending You 30 days advance written notice of any such change. Any such changes are incorporated by reference into this Agreement without the need for signature by the parties and are effective as of the date established by NPC, except that You shall initial any such change at NPC’s request. Moreover, if Applicable Law requires this Agreement to contain provisions that are not expressly set forth in this Agreement, then, to the extent necessary, such provisions shall be incorporated by reference into this Agreement and shall be deemed a part of this Agreement as though they had been expressly set forth in this Agreement.
- Assignment. This Agreement, and any rights You may have under it, may not be assigned or transferred by You.
- Relationship of Parties. You and the Physician intend and agree that the Physician, in performing his duties under this Agreement, is an independent contractor, as defined by the guidelines promulgated by the United States Internal Revenue Service and/or the United States Department of Labor, and the Physician shall have exclusive control of his work and the manner in which it is performed.
- Legal Significance. You acknowledge that this Agreement is a legal document and creates certain rights and responsibilities. You also acknowledge having had a reasonable time to seek legal advice regarding the Agreement and has either chosen not to do so or has done so and is satisfied with the terms and conditions of the Agreement.
- Miscellaneous; This Agreement shall be construed without regard to any presumptions or rules requiring construction against the party causing the instrument to be drafted. Captions in this Agreement are used for convenience only and shall not limit, broaden, or qualify the text.
- Entire Agreement: This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior oral and written understandings and agreements regarding the subject matter of this Agreement.
- Jurisdiction: This Agreement shall be governed and construed under the laws of the State of New York and All disputes arising out of this Agreement shall be settled in the court of proper venue and jurisdiction for NPC’ address in Tappan, New York.
- SERVICE. All written notices are deemed served if sent to the address of the party written above or appearing in the Patient/Client Form by first class U.S. mail.
By purchasing a subscription all parties agree to the above terms.
Appendix 1 to Patient Agreement: Direct Primary Care
Services and Payment Terms
- Medical Services. As used in this Agreement, the term Medical Services shall mean those medical services that the Physician, himself is permitted to perform under the laws of the State of New York, New Jersey & Connecticut and that is consistent with his training and experience as an internal medicine physician, as the case may be. You shall also be entitled to an annual in-depth “wellness examination and evaluation,” which shall be performed by the Physician, and may include the following:
Health Risk Assessment
Vision and Hearing Screening
Body Fat Analysis
Custom Wellness Plan
*Some restrictions apply
The Physician may from time to time, due to vacations, sick days, and other similar situations, not be available to provide the services referred to above in paragraph 1. During such times, Your calls to the Physician, or to the Physician’s office, will be directed to a physician who is “covering” for the Physician during his absence. NPC will make every effort to arrange for coverage but can not guarantee such coverage.
- Non-Medical, Personalized Services. NPC shall also provide You with the following non-medical services (“Non-Medical Services”):
(a) 24/7 Access. You shall have access to the Physician via instant messaging and video chat. You shall also have direct telephone and pager access to the Physician on a twenty-four-hour per day, seven days per week basis. You shall be given a phone and pager number where you may reach the Physician directly around the clock. During the Physician’s absence for vacations, continuing medical education, illness, emergencies, or days off, NPC will provide the services of an appropriately licensed healthcare provider for assistance in obtaining medical services. You shall be given instructions as to how to contact such a healthcare provider. Such provider shall be available to You to the same extent as would the Physician, however, the provider shall be contacted through an answering service rather than through a direct phone line.
(b) E-Mail Access. You shall be given the Physician’s e-mail address to which non-urgent communications can be addressed. Such communications shall be dealt with by the Physician or staff member of the Practice in a timely manner. You understand and agree that email and the internet should never be used to access medical care in the event of an emergency, or any situation that You could reasonably expect may develop into an emergency. You agree that in such situations when You cannot speak to Physician immediately in person or by telephone, that You shall call 911 or the nearest emergency medical assistance provider, and follow the directions of emergency medical personnel.
(c) No Wait or Minimal wait Appointments. Every effort shall be made to assure that You are seen by the Physician immediately upon arriving for a scheduled office visit or after only a minimal wait. If the Physician foresees a minimal wait time, You shall be contacted and advised of the projected wait time.
(d) Same Day/Next Day Appointments. If You are an Established Patient, you will receive the same day or next day priority based on availability.
(e) Home or Office Visits. You may request that the Physician see You in your home or office, and in situations where the Physician considers such a visit reasonably necessary and appropriate, he will make every reasonable effort to comply with Your request.
(f) Specialists. NPC Physician shall coordinate with medical specialists to whom You are referred to assist You in obtaining specialty care. You understand that fees paid under this Agreement do not include and do not cover specialists’ fees or fees due to any medical professional other than the NPC Physician.
(g) Insurance & Billing. You are billed directly for this program. The monthly fees you pay are a retainer for services and we will work with you either by providing you super-bills & receipts or by working with you to submit claim insurance for reimbursement. Each health insurance is different, please contact your insurance provider directly to inquire about your “Out Of Network” deductible and co-payments. Our billable services for this program include several physician visits, as well as chronic care management. If you have any questions, please call our office.
(h) State Licensure. Dr. Tro Kalayjian is licensed to practice Medicine in NY, NJ & CT, in these states he can order lab work, make diagnoses, and adjust & prescribe medications. If you are located outside of these states, Dr. Tro Kalayjian cannot prescribe or adjust medications & the guidance provided to you is considered education purposes and health coaching. Dr. Tro Kalayjian is in the process of obtaining a multi-license tele-medicine license. Feel free to reach out to our office for more details.
Who we are
Our website address is https://www.doctortro.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 7 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address, and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews if you choose to leave them.
NPC used Hint & Spruce for the collection of payments. Please read their respective privacy policies at https://stripe.com/gb/privacy & https://hint.com/terms & https://hint.com/privacy
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How we protect your data
Our Servers use SSL encryption and are hosted by iPage
Like many other Web sites, DoctorTro.com makes use of log files. These files merely log visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
This policy does not apply to any information collected offline or via channels other than this website.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Refund Policy: We do not offer any refunds of any kind.
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Dr. Tro’s Medical Weight Loss & Direct Primary Care’s Website: DoctorTro.com
Dr. Tro’s Medical Weight Loss & Direct Primary Care is located at 84 Route 303, Tappan, NY 10983
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use Dr. Tro’s Medical Weight Loss & Direct Primary Care’s website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice
and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website
and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers
to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client
or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake
the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings
of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect
of provision of the Company’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law
of . Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Dr. Tro’s Medical Weight Loss & Direct Primary Care and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Dr. Tro’s Medical Weight Loss & Direct Primary Care. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from http://www.DoctorTro.com for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
Republish material from http://www.DoctorTro.com
Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://www.DoctorTro.com
Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from http://www.DoctorTro.com
No use of Dr. Tro’s Medical Weight Loss & Direct Primary Care’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and express written permission, you may not create frames around our Web pages or
use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Web site
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Web site. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Web site upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Web site or any linked web site objectionable for any reason, you may contact
us about this. We will consider requests to remove links but will have no obligation to do so or to respond
directly to you.
Whilst we endeavor to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your Web site. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon your Website. No link(s) may appear on any page on your Web site or within any context containing content or materials that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or
other violation of, any third party rights.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law in respect of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill). Nothing in this disclaimer will:
limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a)
are subject to the preceding paragraph, and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer or
in relation to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort
(including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.