A Medical Weight Loss Program To Treat & Reverse Disease
What We Treat
These are some of the medical conditions that we reverse or improve through lifestyle modifications, without medications
We promote wellness using a customized, multi-modal approach to help you achieve your goals
Comprehensive Evaluation & Diagnostics
The initial appointment is focused on you
You can come in to our office or we can start the consultation completely remotely using Tele-medicine software, in the comfort of your own home, using a state-of-the-art, encrypted, video-conferencing application from your desktop or smartphone. Dr. Tro and a Health Coach will be there to help get you started.
Our Program Is Smart & Connected
When you begin the program you will receive smart equipment pertaining to your care that communicates directly to our staff for close monitoring. We will monitor your weight, BMI, body composition, and if needed blood pressure all seamlessly.
We spend time with you because we care
Your initial appointment is typically 1-1.5 hours with Dr. Tro and a Health Coach. In this visit we review your entire medical history, family history, labs & any diagnostics. This is where we create a custom nutrition plan & focus on fixing hunger, satiety and appetite with the goal of reversing disease.
Following Your Weekly Progress
Close follow-up to for great results
For the first 6 weeks you will have weekly follow up visits with Dr. Tro and/or a Health Coach to track progress and ensure that the transition to your new lifestyle program is smooth. Our team will be monitoring your body fat % and weight very closely during this time (if applicable to your health we will also monitor your blood glucose and blood pressure).
We focus on the numbers, you focus on you
Our program is designed to work without you tracking calories or tracking much of anything. Your sole focus will be on understanding and fixing your satiety, appetite and hunger. We want you to focus on what matters, let us handle the rest.
Metabolic Fine Tuning
We monitor your metabolic markers
After 8 weeks in our program, we will repeat lab work to monitor your progress and ensure your blood work improves. Around the 8 week visit, we will review this lab work and make some minor changes to maximize the effects of lifestyle changes.
We continue to focus on the WHOLE you
This visit the focus will shift from diet composition to various other features for health including, sleep schedules, stress, time-restricted feeding, and intermittent fasting. Our team will continue to monitor your progress during the transition to ensure the process is smooth.
Fasting & Fitness
Re-examining barriers to success
At your 12 week visit, we will continue to work on any barriers to your progress. We will re-evaluate your dietary composition, your satiety, hunger and appetite. We will review your eating schedule.
Beginning Medical Fitness together
We will discuss the role of a medical fitness program to complement your lifestyle changes. This will improve your insulin sensitivity, body composition and overall health.
Follow-up for Continued Success
Ensuring great metabolic health
At your 16 week visit, we order repeat lab work to ensure good metabolic health. Our team will give further guidance & accountability & advise for long-term success.
We help you handle weight loss plateaus and special situations
We discuss factors that increase the chances of weight loss maintenance, as well as special ways to handle weight loss plateaus and special situations.
Health Coaching & Exercise
We focus on stress management, further progress & weight loss maintenace.
From weeks 20 and beyond, the focus of the tail end of the program is maintaining initial success and providing further accountability.
- Remotely monitored, smart-scale and blood pressure cuff (if indicated)
- Virtual or in-office appointments to fit your schedule
- Comprehensive 90-minute initial medical evaluation with a physician & personal health coach
- Structured program with intensive follow-up with both physician and health coach, for a total of 15 visits, including our personalized onboarding experience
- Initial start-up material including a detailed program plan with replacement items, grocery lists & recipes
- Personalized assessments after each visit
- Evaluation of three comprehensive lab panels throughout the program to monitor your progress and medical needs
- Exercise plans available
- The office will assist you with submitting out-of-network claims to your insurance for possible reimbursement
What's Not Included?
- Although we offer point-of-care ultrasound, basic lipid panels, hba1c, and chem-8 labs in the office with a fingerstick, we do not draw comprehensive labs or imaging in the office.
- For comprehensive labs or imaging, you will need to visit your in-network lab or imaging center with the orders from our office
- Labs, imaging, CGM, and medication costs are not included in this program, please contact your medical insurance company
- If you require visits or in-office tests that are outside of a typical program, we can work with you to submit these claims to your out-of-network medical insurance benefits